Search results

1. D

Weekly Trading Results

It looked like I was going to bring it back into black but had a couple of trades so south at the last minute. Still took a nice chunk out of the draw down. Why are there so many trades being generated? Is there really that much volatility? I continue to see trades reverse directions within...
  2. D

Weekly Trading Results

OANDA claims the Time of Day is in my local timezone which is MDT. I am somewhat suspicious of that answer but I'll believe them for now. I tried to get a straight answer if the report shows the time the trade opened or when it closed. One would think it is the time you open the trade but...
  3. D

Weekly Trading Results

And finally here is the distribution based on the day of the week. I'm not surprised that Friday is an under performer. That is a pattern you see in many trading products, not just FX.
  4. D

Weekly Trading Results

Here is a breakdown by hour. I'm not sure exactly what time zone is being used. I will ask OANDA support. If it is my local time it is Mountain Daylight Time in North America. I think their servers on on Eastern Daylight Time and based on this distribution I wouldn't be surprised if they use...
  5. D

Weekly Trading Results

Here is a breakdown by long/short. I'm not surprised that in Forex the ratio is pretty close but I was surprised that most of my losses were on on short trades. I wouldn't read too much into that. Just an interesting pattern from this specific mix of trades.
  6. D

Weekly Trading Results

Since I have been trading so actively OANDA opened up some additional analysis tools for me. So here are some of the more interesting metrics. Below is a breakdown by pair. Also notice the overall metrics. The win rate has consistently run about 40%. There is a reason they call the GBP/JPY...
  7. D

Weekly Trading Results

OK. If this is helpful I will continue. Just remember, anyone who is picking this up in the middle of the thread, that I am not taking every trade and therefore my results will vary from whatever trade mix you take. So speaking of not taking every trade... This week generated an overwhelming...
  8. D

Weekly Trading Results

With all of the talk about the hazards of trading only some of these signals I'm inclined to stop posting my results here until they are automated. My concern is that I'm not giving an accurate portrayal of what the system can do. If nothing else we have learned, based on the feedback here...
  9. D

Weekly Trading Results

Much better results this week. Took a good chunk out of the draw down.
  10. D

Weekly Trading Results

Unfortunately the draw down continues...
  11. D

Weekly Trading Results

Not as many trades being generated this week. Not sure if it's the summer markets or a change in the algorithm. Clawed back a small bit of the loss this week.
  12. D

Calculate SL + TP

There is a debate on everything in trading. :rolleyes:
  13. D

Changes / Suggestions

Yeah, it will auto log you out after a certain period of inactivity. Annoying but I'm sure it's done for a good reason. Likely a security issue.
  14. D

Weekly Trading Results

Hi Mouse, Yeah, my results are not necessarily representative of the true potential of the signals. I only enter about half the trades as a good batch usually come in during London and I'm asleep. And you're right - a couple of missed winners in a swing trading system and it really drags down...
  15. D

Weekly Trading Results

I'm only going to post the Year To Date results from now on. Those are the important numbers. Another down week.
  16. D

Weekly Trading Results

It was not a good week. Total profit has been pushed into the red. I was very busy with other committments early in the week so I didn't trade much.
  17. D

Understanding when to take a trade signal

Interesting. I need to look into this. These trades definitely need a little momentum behind them.
  18. D

Enhancements Discussion

Glad to hear it's on the roadmap. I need to do a better job of tracking it manually at this point.